- RAT FBJ Handwired Combo with OPR -
The ultimate FBJ. The Stock Amps Main PCB and Valve Holder PCB has been removed and replaced with a RAT Custom Made Eyelet Board and Valve Board, then 'Point-to-Point' Handwired into the Amp Chassis. The 'Solid State' Reverb has been replaced with true 'Valve Powered Reverb' using a Valve, High Voltage Reverb Driver Transformer, 'Accutronics' Reverb Tank and On/Off Foot-Switch. The Reverb now sounds WAY Better. All Tone Capacitors are 'Orange Drops', Power Resistors are 'Metal Film' and the Pots have been replaced with 'Alpha' Parts. Includes 'Bias Adjustment Control', 'Variable Boost' Foot-Switch and 2x Speaker Outputs. The Original 'FAT' Switch operates from the Control Panel and can be used in conjunction with the 'Variable Boost' Foot-Switch. The Handwired Amp Sounds Stunning with Plenty of 'Clean' Available and Loads of Gain/Overdrive if you want it. NO Background Noise. On the EL84 Amp the Power Output can be increased to 18~21 Watts RMS.
Optional Extra - 'Twin-Rectifier', you can select 'Valve' -or- 'Silicon' Rectifier.
I can supply a New Handwired Amp -or- Modify/Handwire your Amp.
v2, 3, 4 and Tweed Amps can be fitted with 'OPR'.
Available on ebay (Prices are Higher) -or- Direct from me.
Please 'Contact' me for Full Pricing Details -or- your Requirements.
- FBJ v3 Handwired Tweed with OPR using EL84 Power Valves -
Click on Image to see more Photos
- FBJ v3 Black Handwired with OPR using EL84 Power Valves -
Click on Image to see more Photos
- All Modifications -
1. - The Stock Fender Main PCB has been removed from the Amp and replaced with a RAT Custom Built ‘Eyelet’ Board and Valve Board which is then fully ‘Point-to-Point’ Handwired into place using all New 'Alpha' Pots and Switches. All of the ‘Tone’ Capacitors on the RAT Board are ‘Orange Drops’, along with ‘Metal Film’ Power Resistors.
2. - 'Twin-Rectifier' - Select Silicon -or- Valve. This is an Optional Extra available at additional cost.
3. - Smoothing Capacity has been increased for 'Tighter Bass' -and- A 'Safety' Resistor fitted so that the Amp can not hold a Lethal Charge when switched off.
4. - The Stock FBJ uses a ‘Solid State’ Reverb Drive and Recovery System. This has been replaced with ‘Valve Reverb’. The Reverb Tank has also been replaced with an 'Accutronics' unit. About 30% of the Components on the Fender PCB are used in the ‘Solid State’ Reverb Circuit - All of this is now Gone.
5. - All Stock Blues Junior Amps run a 'Hot' Bias setting with NO Bias adjustment control. This makes the Amp sound Harsh and also causes other problems when changing the Power Valves. The RAT Eyelet Board has a 'Bias' adjustment control. This will increase the 2x Power Valves life and makes the Amp sound better.
6. - Full Lead Dress - All Transformer and Heater wires in a Valve Amp must be tightly twisted or they will induce 'Noise' in the Amp Circuit. Twisting all of the wires and placing them in the correct location keeps the Amp ‘Quiet’.
7. - Variable Boost Footswitch - Connects to the Inner Rear Chassis Panel - (Button 1) Switches the Internal Boost Circuit On-or-Off. The Footswitch is fitted with a Variable Boost 'Level' control (from Zero-to-Max) and gives a HUGE Boost to the MID Frequencies and Harmonics. (Button 2) is Reverb On/Off. There are RED ‘LED’ Indicators on the Footswitch powered by an internal Battery.
8. - The Input Jack Socket on all Stock Blues Juniors is a Problem. This has been replaced with a Jack Socket that can be easily changed in about 5 minutes (if you ever need to change it).
9. - Modified Tone Stack - The Factory Tone-Stack does not allow total tone control, The Controls sweep in a 'Preset-Range'. The RAT Modified Treble, Middle and Bass Controls will sweep from 'Zero-to-Max' on each Frequency.
10. - Star Earth - The Stock Earth/Ground Paths on the PCB are a Mess and run all over the place in different directions. With the removal of the PCB this problem has been eliminated and the Correct ‘Star’ Earth (method) used. This allows all required Earth Paths to be in a logical order and kept as short as possible to eliminate any Noise ‘Loops’. There is NO Background Noise from this Amp.
11. - 2x Speaker Output Sockets - The Correct Speaker Output Load Impedance is 8 Ohms. If required, the Amp will happily run 4 -or- 16 Ohm Loads. This will not Damage the Amp.
12. - Half-Power Switch - Reduces the Amps Output Power to about 8 Watts. This is an Optional Extra available at additional cost.
13. - RAT User Manual detailing all of the Changes.
14. - All Amps are PAT Approved.